Posted: October 2021
Join an award-winning and fast-growing national nonprofit working towards fostering positive police/youth interactions. In partnership with police agencies and communities across the U.S, we customize strategies, training, and policies that build trust and generate positive outcomes for youth.
Program Associate Position Overview
Strategies for Youth is seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual with a commitment to social justice to provide critical support to our operations and programs. This role will be responsible for a wide range of tasks.
This position requires strong writing and communication skills, project management experience and aptitude, building partnerships and collaborations, and ability to work with diverse stakeholders at the local, state and federal levels.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle phone reception and maintain phone log
- Handle mailing, including retrieving and bringing mail to post office
- Maintain Office Administration Guide
- Photocopy, scan, and print materials
- Inventory and order office supplies as needed
- Other tasks as they arise
Program Support Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate travel and transportation arrangements for SFY trainings across the country
- Assist Staff Attorney and Training Director as needed in preparing and creating trainings
- Conduct outreach to community organizations for collaboration
- Prepare folders, promotional materials, and other resources as needed
- Input data and track training/programming evaluations through Survey Monkey and internal database.
- Maintain and update internal fundraising database
- Prepare and track Thank You letters for individual donors, foundations, and corporate/government partners
- Prepare regular fundraising updates
Research, Writing, and Editing
- Assist Staff Attorney and Executive Director in preparing published reports, press releases, internal reports,and materials, and other writing pieces
- Provide research, writing, and editing assistance as needed
- Special projects for the Executive Director
- Provide crucial assistance in End-of-Year fundraising efforts
- 1-2 years of experience working in a similar field/the non-profit sector
- College diploma
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer proficiency required- Microsoft Office and web-based tools
- A passion for social justice and working with young people
Equal Opportunity Employer
Strategies for Youth is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals who identify as people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ideal start date November/December
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject line stating “RE: Program Associate”.
SFY is unable to respond to phone or social media inquiries.